Join the New Paltz Evolutionary Psychology Lab and earn your master’s degree!

STATS with GLENN – Free videos to go with Straightforward Statistics (Geher & Hall, 2014)

Geher, G. (2019). Own Your Psychology Major! A Guide to Student Success. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association. (AMAZON LINK HERE)

Classes for Fall 2021

Evolutionary Psychology (PSY 363)

Advanced Research in Evolutionary Psychology (PSY 493 (Special Topics))

Glenn’s Office Hours: Fall 2021 between 8/23 and 12/16. (OFFICE IS Wooster Hall (WH) 347)

Tuesdays, 3:00-4:45pm (exceptions noted below)*

Wednesdays, 12:30-2:30pm (exceptions noted below)*

Fridays, 2:00-3:50pm (exceptions noted below)*

*(on the following dates, hours will be remote only (via phone or possibly WebEx): 10/8, 10/22, 11/12, 11/16; must email me (geherg@newpaltz.edu) during hours; full process below)

NOTE: Due to the extenuating circumstances associated with the COVID pandemic, note that my hours are to be held both in-person (with masks) and remotely. To meet in-person, just stop by my office (WH 347) during my hours (unless the hours are, per the above, remote only on that day). 

To meet with me remotely during my hours, please do the following:

1. First, EMAIL ME to let me know that you are about to enter my WebEx waiting room (this email must come DURING my office hours). Join my WebEx room during my  hours. You will start in the “waiting room” and I will add you in when there’s an opening. 
  2. If that is not feasible, we can FaceTime or just have a phone call. If this is best for you, please email me DURING MY OFFICE HOURS to let me know and we’ll figure it out.*

Note that I do not take appointments but, rather, my hours are “walk-in” / first-come, first serve. You may have to wait a little bit, but I always make sure to get to everyone.

Note also that I do not use Starfish or BlackBoard or any other software package for scheduling my hours. As stated above, they are “walk-in”–and I make a point to make every effort to get to all who are needing to meet with me. 

CONTACT INFO:

Glenn Geher, Ph.D.

Founding Director of Evolutionary Studies

Professor of Psychology

State University of New York at New Paltz

1 Hawk Dr

New Paltz, NY 12561

Office: WH 347

Phone:(845) 257-3091

E-mail: geherg@newpaltz.edu

Homepage (with office hours): http://www.glenngeher.com

Glenn’s Stuff:

Psychology Today Blog: Darwin’s Subterranean World

Follow me on Twitter @glenngeher

Geher, G. & Wedberg, N. (2020). Positive Evolutionary Psychology: Darwin’s Guide to Living a Richer Life. New York: Oxford University Press.

Geher, G., & Hall, S. (2014). Straightforward Statistics: Understanding the Tools of Research. New York: Oxford University Press.

Wilson, D. S., Geher, G., Mativetsky, H., & Gallup, A. (2019). Darwin’s Roadmap to the Curriculum: Evolutionary Studies in Higher Education. New York: Oxford University Press.

Geher, G. (2014). Evolutionary Psychology 101. New York: Springer.

Geher, G., & Kaufman, S. B. (2013). Mating Intelligence Unleashed. New York: Oxford University Press.

Welcome to the website of Glenn Geher, Professor of Psychology, Founding Director of SUNY New Paltz’s Evolutionary Studies Program (EvoS), co-director of the international Evolutionary Studies (EvoS) Consortium (funded with a grant awarded by the National Science Foundation), and Past President of the NorthEastern Evolutionary Psychology Society (NEEPS).

Check out our upcoming events at the EvoS Seminar Series Page for the full list of our EvoS Spring Speaker series!

Evolution is nothing more than a “statistical bias in the rate of perpetuation of alternatives.” G. C. Williams (1966, p. 22).

“Even though the cavemen don’t seem like they were having much fun, I bet they were!” M. Geher (2012).

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.