Join the New Paltz Evolutionary Psychology Lab and earn your master’s degree!

STATS with GLENN – Free videos to go with Straightforward Statistics (Geher & Hall, 2014)

Geher, G. (2019). Own Your Psychology Major! A Guide to Student Success. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association. (AMAZON LINK HERE)

Classes for FALL 2020

PSY 307: Evolutionary Psychology 

HON 393: Evolution and the Human Condition

OFFICE HOURS*

My office is WH (Wooster Hall) 347

Glenn’s Office Hours: Fall 2020; (VIRTUAL ONLY)

August 21 — December 4 are as follows:

Tuesdays, 2-4 (EXCEPT 11/10; that day, hours will be 3-5)

Wednesdays, 1230-230 (NO hours on 11/11 due to professional-obligation conflict)

Fridays, 200-350

NOTE: Due to the extenuating circumstances associated with the coronavirus pandemic, note that my hours are to be held remotely.

To meet with me during my hours, please do the following:

1. Email me (geherg@newpaltz.edu) during (or within one hour of the start of) my hours* and I will get you in the ZOOM queue.
  2. I will call you or zoom or facetime (depending on which is most feasible).
  3. IMPORTANTLY: If this is an advising meeting make sure that you have a pdf version of your progress report on-hand and ready to share with me during the meeting.
  •  

Glenn’s Stuff:

Welcome to the website of Glenn Geher, Professor of Psychology, Founding Director of SUNY New Paltz’s Evolutionary Studies Program (EvoS), co-director of the international Evolutionary Studies (EvoS) Consortium (funded with a grant awarded by the National Science Foundation), and Past President of the NorthEastern Evolutionary Psychology Society (NEEPS).

Check out our upcoming events at the EvoS Seminar Series Page for the full list of our EvoS Spring Speaker series!

Evolution is nothing more than a “statistical bias in the rate of perpetuation of alternatives.” G. C. Williams (1966, p. 22).

“Even though the cavemen don’t seem like they were having much fun, I bet they were!” M. Geher (2012).

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.