The NP EP lab publishes a lot – and students of the lab often will be submitting manuscripts for consideration by journals for publication. Here are some pointers in writing a cover letter for the process:
In a standard business-letter format, write a brief (1-2 paragraph) letter to the editor requesting that the journal consider publishing our manuscript. In doing so, please follow these points:
1. start with “Dear Editor,”
2. indicate that you request that the journal consider our manuscript, titled _____, for publication in their journal.
3. indicate that the manuscript is not currently under review with any other journal
4. indicate that the data-collection process presented in the manuscript was approved by our local IRB
5. give them contact information (email, phone, etc.)
6. ask them if they have any questions to contact you.