- Mating Intelligence Unleashed cited in article on relationships in Spanish Yahoo News article titled “¿Sabes qué es la sapiosexualidad? Conquistadas por su inteligencia“
- Questionable Authorities (all-professor rock band with Glenn on guitar) article for New Paltz College of Liberal Arts and Sciences website – by Despina Williams – titled “Join All-Faculty Band for Talent Show Benefiting Students“
- Interviewed on AM 770’s Calgary Today on topic of apologetic behavior.
- Cited in article Should Introverts Date Other Introverts? by Tara Block for popsugar.com. This article summarizes ideas from the book Introverts in Love by Sophia Dembling .
- Mating Intelligence Unleashed is cited in article on relationships by Liza Born for firsttoknow.com
- Interview for Dating Skills Review titled The Role of Intelligence in Mating and Relationships
- Evolutionary Psychology 101 reviewed at EvoS Journal by the formidable Briana Tauber, Jeysa Williams, and Jessica Fell Williams.
- Quoted in Justin Rodriguez’s article, Local Schools Deal with Nationwide Hazard of Hazing, in the Times Herald Record.
- Cited in article “Are You a Real Man if You are Creative” by Kris Wolf in Good Guy Swag
- Keynote address at Summer Undergraduate Research Experience conference at Mount Saint Mary College covered on the college’s website.
- Co-authored Psychology Today blog, titled Male/Female Differences in Variablity Itself, was reposted at Masculine Heart blog.
- Quoted in article titled “NSF Grant Funds Speech Research” in the New Paltz Oracle
- My work on mating intelligence is mentioned in interview with Scott Barry Kaufman for The Mating Grounds
- Presentation on the evolutionary psychology of love for the Empiricist League mentioned in “Pair of Paste Pants” Blog.
- Keynote speaker for Mt. Saint Mary’s College’s 2014 Summer Undergraudate Research Experience Symposium (talk titled: Evolutionary Studies: A Hotbed of Student Research and Growth)
- Straightforward Statistics reviewed for MAA (Mathematical Association of America); review is by Charles Ashbacher.
- Quoted in Singapore Edition of Men’s Health in articled titled “Rev up your sex life“
- Mating Intelligence Unleashed is featured in Spain’s newspaper, ABC.es. Article is titled “La Razones Scientificas que Determinan quien es Atractivo y como se Puede Llegar a Serlo“
- Quoted in New Zealand Edition of Cosmopolitan Magazine in article titled “Signs He Secretly Craves You“
- Invited talk for the Empiricist League of NYC on the topic of love from an evolutionary perspective – covered in LAS news of SUNY New Paltz
- Mating Intelligence Unleashed is featured in Helsinki media outlet, Helsingin Sanomat – article titled: Oletko hyvin vai huonosti intohimoinen?
- Mating Intelligence Unleashed is featured in Spanish article in El Confidencial – Cómo ser sexy: seis cosas que pueden hacerte irresistible
- Mating Intelligence Unleashed is featured in Time Magazine’s “Where to Find Love – Or Lust” by Eric Barker.
- Mating Intelligence Unleashed is featured in Time Magazine’s “Science of Sexy: 5 Things that Can Make You Irresistible” by Eric Barker (first published in Barker’s blog “Barking up the Wrong Tree”).
- My work on the psychology of marathon running was featured in Professor Examines the Evolutionary Psychology of Marathon Running in article published by College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (SUNY NP), by Despina Williams.
- My Psychology Today Blog, titled Long May You Run, was reproduced as the lead article in the online running magazine, Marathon Running – in the 8th Edition of this magazine (p. 3).
short version here: http://faculty.newpaltz.edu/glenngeher/files/marathon-running.pdf
- Cited in Peg Streep’s Psychology Today Blog, Why Your Partner May be Like Your Parent.
- Letter to the Editor published in New Paltz Times (republished as blog for evostudies.org) – titled New Paltz – A Beacon of Intellectual Freedom and of Evolutionary Studies
Quoted in New Zealand edition of Men’s Health in article 5 Dating Mistakes You’re Making – And Ways To Fix Them; Also published in Turkish version of Men’s Health.
My Psychology Today Blog – The History of I’m Sorry – is summarized in the Chilean news outlet, biobiochile.cl in articled titled El origen del perdón: ¿Por qué ofrecemos y aceptamos disculpas? by Marcial Parraguez
- My Psychology Today Blog – The History of I’m Sorry – is summarized in the Argentinean news outlet, Sel Sol in articled titled El origen del perdón: ¿Por qué ofrecemos y aceptamos disculpas? modification of article by Marcial Parraguez for biobiochile.cl
- News story on my work as a member of Questionable Authorities – Band of Professors Raises $1,000 for Student Scholarships - on SUNY New Paltz news website.
- Article on my work as a member of Questionable Authorities titled “All-Faculty Rock Band Plays in New Paltz this Friday” by John Burdick found in Almanac Weekly
- Quoted in The Atlantic article by Anna Broadway titled “The New Sex Education Focuses on Preventing Violence.”
- NEEPS 2014 conference (co-hosted by myself and Briana Tauber) covered in New Paltz in the News
- Mating Intelligence Unleashed featured in special exhibit titled “Speaking of Sex” in Albert A. Mann Library at Cornell University.
- Review of Mating Intelligence Unleashed in Books and Culture titled “Whither Monogamy,” by Anna Broadway.
- Blog on mating intelligence (co-authored with Gökçe Sancak Aydın) cited in University Press Roundup blog by Columbia University Press (posted in University Press News)
- Co-authored blog (with Gökçe Sancak Aydın) for Oxford University Press blogroll, Mating Intelligence for Valentine’s Day.
- Mentioned in APA Monitor (section on regional conferences) listed as a Distinguished Speaker at the meeting of the Western Psychological Association.
- Quoted in Times Herald Record article by Ken McMillan: “Experts say as times change, so must coaches“
Cited in Ghana Web Online (news source for nation of Ghana) – repost of Redbook/MSN article: Love Resolutions to Make for 2014
- Cited in Yahoo News article, Overhaul Your Love Life.
- Cited in Redbook/MSN article: Love Resolutions to Make for 2014
- Interviewed in article on the relationship between climate change and aggression by in Scientific American Mind by Ajai Raj
Featured in Why We Run – documentary filmed for Al Jazeera on the nature of long-distance running; mentioned on Al Jazeera’s blog for the film here.
To View WHY WE RUN in its entirety, follow these (Part 1 and Part 2) vimeo.com links (passwords are included herein):
I’m found at the following minute marks: 0:56; 14:38; 24:10; 24:33; 31:10
- MIU covered in Spain’s El Confidencial (article by Hector Barnes): Las ocho cualidades que te hacen irresistible a los ojos de las mujeres.
- MIU covered in Science of Sexy: Five Things that can Make you Irresistible; article by Eric Barker in Business Insider
- MIU named one of the top science books of 2013 by gonebookserk.com
- Review of MIU by writer Tori MacAllister
- Review of MIU by David Barash in Chronicle of Higher Education
- Article on creativity and mating intelligence, citing Mating Intelligence Unleashed, in blog by Susan Walsh on “Hooking up Smart” website.
- Review of Mating Intelligence Unleashed (with Scott Barry Kaufman) in CHOICE: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries (by R. Cornelius)
- Quoted in The Daily Evergreen article by Abby Student on the topic of infidelity
- Quoted in Kids’ Almanac article by Erica Chase-Salerno titled “Conquering the Fear of Missing Out”
- Guest on HuffPo (Huffington Post) Live show on issues of evolution in the new science curriculum
- Abbreviated version of HuffPo story picked up on dailymotion.com
- Commentator on HuffPo (Huffington Post) Live show on issue of sex differences in brain structures
- Article on mating intelligence (in German) by Jochen Metzger in Psychologie Heute (German counterpart to Psychology Today)
- Article on overspending by NBC Today Show financial correspondent, Jean Chatzky (at retailmenot.com)
- Article on “reverse psychology” by Hope Gillette in Saludify.com
- Article on MIU and deceptive spending by Anna Broadway in The Atlantic
- Interview on MIU (along with Scott Barry Kaufman) on Art of Manliness with Brett McKay
- Featured in “Department Chair Spotlight” article by Jaime Burns in UUP’s Bullhorn.
- Quoted in Livescience.com in article on the BAHfest in Cambridge, MA (dedicated to humorous presentations of poorly formed evolutionary-based hypotheses).
- Interviewed for article in Nashua NH’s Telegraph (in article by Jake Berry) with thoughts on the evolutionary psychology of marathon running and Boston.
- Blog for Oxford University Press (co-authored with Jessica Fell Williams) on Korea’s “Black Day” (a celebration of single-hood) in terms of Mating Intelligence
- Interview with Marc Lamont Hill on deception in dating (Lying for Love) on HuffPost Live.
- 8 Dating Lies that Men and Women Tell – article co-authored with Briana Tauber in the Huffington Post
- Several blogs on our book (with SBK) posted in Newspapers around the nation via Amy Alkon’s syndicated column which mentions Mating Intelligence Unleashed. Example: Houston Press.
- Blog post on evolutionary mismatch and education cross-posted on Robb Wolf’s website
- Psychology Today blog, Darwin’s Subterranean World, established
- Several articles cited in Sexual Hookup Culture by Garcia, Reiber, Massey, and Merriweather (2013); published in the APA’s Monitor
- Interview with Michelle Skeen on KCAA radio (with SBK)
- Valentine’s Day inteview with Joy Cardin on Wisconsin Public Radio (with SBK)
- Review of Mating Intelligence Unleashed in The New Scientist by Kate Douglas
- Brief review in NY Times on Mating Intellignce Unleashed
- Brief review in Nature on Mating Intelligence Unleashed
- Interview on Amy Alkon’s radio show (with co-author of Mating Intelligence Unleashed, Scott Barry Kaufman)
- Inteview with Mo Rocca on CBS Sunday Morning regarding the mating choices of tall women
- Library Journal‘s review of Mating Intelligence by Scott Vieira
- Washington Post mention of Mating Intelligence Unleashed in article on online dating by Lisa Bonos (picked up by York Daily News and Denver Post and others)
- New Paltz’s Oracle article on this year’s Darwin Day event
- New York Post article by Dana Schuster providing 11 Valentine’s season tips based on Mating Intelligence Unleashed.
- Mating Intelligence Unleashed covered in Campaign for the American Reader
- Mating Intelligence Unleashed covered in the Page 99 Test
- Brief review of Mating Intelligence Unleashed in February issue of Elle Magazine
- Quoted in (a different!) Redbook article – by Hannah Hicock titled “28 Ways to Have a Sexy February”
- Quoted in Flare Magazine article by Wing Tang – article is all about Mating Intelligence (titled “Sex on the Brain”)
- Cited in Julie Stewart’s article in Men’s Health – republished in Australia’s version of Yahoo Lifestyles section (2013).
- Quoted in Redbook article by Holly Corbett titled “13 Love Resolutions to Make for 2013.”
- Picked up by Yahoo and MSN and several news sources in Ghana
- Chronicle of Higher Education blurb on my work with video broadcasting of EvoS
- Cited in Julie Stewart’s article in Men’s Health (Sep. 2012)
- Cited in Vicki Larsen’s article on infidelity in the Huffington Post
- EvoS program at SUNY New Paltz (under my direction) wins “Global Reach Finalist” in mediasite impact awards
- Chronicle of Higher Education second page
- Interview for Evolution: This View of Life with Steve Platek
- National Center for Science Education blurb on Evolution: Education and Outreach’s special issue on EvoS
- New Paltz EvoS Speaker, Gordon Gallup, covered in New Paltz Oracle
- New Paltz EvoS Speaker, Gordon Gallup, covered in Kingston Daily Freeman
- New Paltz EvoS Speaker, Victoria Ingalls, covered in New Paltz Oracle
- Glenn’s pitch to help save the New Paltz schools (published in the New Paltz Times)
- Mentioned as a Notable Evolutionary Psychologist in Brigham Young University’s Psyched Out (Bulletin of their Psychology Department)
- Article in The Daily Freeman on Glenn and Dan Gambacorta’s research on attitudes about causes of behavioral sex differences. May 25, written by Kyle Wind.
- WAMC intervew on Glenn and Dan Gambacorta’s research on attitudes about causes of behavioral sex differences (July 5, 2010)
- Glenn and Niles Eldredge on the cover of the Kingston Freeman celebrating Darwin Day 2010
- Gullickson, E., Rudnitski, R., & Geher, G. (2010). SUNY New Paltz in the Spotlight. In N. Goodman and J. Hildreth (Eds.) Faculty Senate Bulletin (A Publication of the State University of New York University Faculty Senate.
- Article in The Little Rebellion about New Paltz’s EvoS program (April 14, 2010)
- Article in The Daily Freeman on Glenn and Dan Gamacorta’s research on attitudes about causes of behavioral sex differences. May 25, written by Kyle Wind.
- Glenn and Niles Eldredge on the cover of the Kingston Freeman celebrating Darwin Day 2010
- Jenna Greenbaum’s (2009) article on “Origins of The Chase” in Kitsch Magazine (of Cornell University)
- Simin Abramovitch’s (2009) article titled “6 Surprising Psychology Studies on Relationships” – thehighestfive.com
- Donald Feldstein’s (2009) article on mating intelligence (The Voice – UUP publication)
- Kyle Wind’s (2009) article on infidelity (Kingston Daily Freeman).
- Kyle Wind’s (2009) article on mating intelligence (Kingston Daily Freeman).
- Molly Triffin’s (2009) article “Four Signs He Secretly Craves You”; Cosmpolitan Magazine, July.
- Christina Livermore’s (2008) article titled “Do Teens Treat Sex with Caution?” Times Herald Record
- Glenn’s Radio Interview on Evolutionary Psychology – aired February 2008
(from Mind Matters on Hartford’s WWUH – hosted by Aryeh Herman)
- Psychology Today‘s cover story (by Kaja Perina; January, 2007 issue) addressing my work on mating intelligence
- Washington Times: Brief article (January 11, 2007) summarizing Psychology Today’s depiction of my research on mating intelligence
- The Chronicle of Higher Education: Brief article (February 14, 2007) summarizing Psychology Today’s depiction of my research on mating intelligence
- The New Scientist article (March 31, 2007) by Dan Jones titled, “The Love Delusion.” (from Newscientist.com)
- NYC’s WBAI (April 7, 2007) podcast of Armand DiMele’s radio discussion of Mating Intelligence
- New York Times article (by John Tierney; April 10, 2007)
- Blurb by Dr. Bella (drbella.com) in Australian newspaper mX (March 2, 2007)
- Berkshire Eagle (July 22, 2007)
- Utah’s Deseret News
- The Oklahoman (July 10, 2007)
- Poughkeepsie Journal (April 3, 2007) opinion piece on the inclusion of Evolutionary Studies in college curricula (written by Glenn)
- Poughkeepsie Journal (May 1, 2007) letter by Reed S. Benton regarding my opinion piece (several of you asked for it!)