The Psychology Department prides itself on offering opportunities for student research – including travel to attend and present at professional conferences (such as the annual meeting of the NorthEastern Evolutionary Psychology Society; NEEPS).
Following are on-campus sources for funding (including contact info to find out more about these different funds):
2. Student Association (http://www.newpaltzsa.com) for both undergraduate and graduate students
3. Office of Student Research (for undergraduates; see:http://www.newpaltz.edu/research/travelfunds.html)
4. The Graduate School (for graduate students; see: http://www.newpaltz.edu/graduate/grant.html).
5. The Lavallee student travel fund; via the provost’s office. Contact that office at 845.257.3280 for details.
6. There may be more – supporting student research is a primary goal of SUNY New Paltz and no department takes that more seriously than does the Psychology Department!
Here is a page with information on the guidelines for student travel: http://www.newpaltz.edu/research/travelfunds.html