The Internationalization of Glenn’s Work
I’ve been fortunate to have much of my work either (a) translated into other languages, (b) cited in a variety of non-English speaking outlets, and (c) featured in the media of other English-speaking nations.
My work has been translated and/or covered in the following languages:
Albanian, Spanish, Chinese, Danish, Arabic, Czechoslovakian, Croatian, Estonian, French, German, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malaysian, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Slovenian, Swedish, Turkish, and Vietnamese
Media outlets in the following nations have covered my work:
Albania, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Czechoslovakia, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Denmark, Dubai, Estonia, Faroe Islands, France, Ghana, Germany, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Italy, Japan, Kurdistan, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Uganda, UK, Vietnam
See list below:
- Geher, G., & Kaufman, S. B. (2013). Mating intelligence unleashed. New York: Oxford University Press. Soon to be translated into CHINESE. (forthcoming)
- I was interviewed on the topic of evolutionary psychology for the Portuegese podcast, Cuarenta e Cinco Graus
- My lab’s work on the personalities of the ancient Neanderthals was covered in an article by Laura Chaparro for the Spanish-language media outlet, Hipertextual
- My Psychology Today post, Evolutionary Psychology Permeates Everyday Life, was translated into Spanish and included in Ciencias Antropologicas
- I was interviewed on the topic of the psychology of arrogance for the UK radio production, Voice of Islam (56 minute mark; best heard via SoundCloud)
- My research on mate selection was summarized in an article in the Estonian media source, PEREjaKODU
- My writing on the connection between human evolution and spicy food was summarized in an article in the Croatian media source, 100posto
- My Psychology Today post, The Psychology of Arrogance, was translated into Slovenian for najdi.sl
- My Psychology Today post, The Psychology of Arrogance, was translated into Serbian for Psihoverzum
- My work on the psychology of human mating was featured in the Indonesian news source, Kumparan
- My Psychology Today post, 10 Ancestral Rules we Should All Live by Today, was translated into Portuguese and republished in Awebic
- My (and Scott Barry Kaufman’s) work on the topic of Mating Intelligence was the focus of the article What’s your MI? published in the Indian publication, Times of India
- My Psychology Today article, From 5K to Marathon, was translated into Hindi for Psychology World
- My Psychology Today article, 10 Questions to Ask at a College Open House, was translated into Korean and republished for Psychology World
- My Psychology Today article, Don’t let the bully win, was featured on the website of Greek media outlet, Street Life
- My Psychology Today article, From 5K to Marathon, was translated into Russian and republished for Мир психологии
- My Psychology Today article, A Statistical Argument for Optimism, was translated into Italian and republished for Mondo della Psychologia
- My Psychology Today article, 10 Questions to Ask at a College Open House, was translated into German and republished for Psychologie Welt
- My Psychology Today article, September 11, Evolution, and the Face of Hell, was translated into German and republished for Psychologie Welt
- My ideas on the connection between mental health and school shootings were summarized in an article (translated to “Tragedy in School“) published in the Hungarian news source, TanTrend
- My Psychology Today article, The Future of this Nation Depends on Teachers, was translated into Italian and republished for Mondo della Psicologia
- My work on emotional intelligence was featured in the Slovakian news source, info.sk in an article titled Ľudia s vyšším EQ zarábajú viac. 4 fascinujúce fakty, ktoré sa týkajú aj vás
- My Psychology Today post, September 11, Evolution, and the Face of Hell, was translated into German and republished for Psychologie Welt
- My Psychology Today post, A Statistical Reason for Optimism, was translated into Italian and republished for Mondo della Psicologia
- My work on the topic of gender in modern society was summarized in Portuegese in Mundo da Psicologia
- My work on mating intelligence was included in the article How to Flirt in the Age of #MeToo by Raj Persaud for the UK’s INews
- My Psychology Today post, The Future of this Nation Depends on Teachers, was republished and translated in Portuegese in Mundo da Psicologia
- Brazil‘s Portuguese media source O Sul covered my work on the connections between cell-phone use and depression.
- My Psychology Today post From 5K to Marathon has been translated into Italian for the media source Mondo della Psicologia (World of Psychology).
- My Psychology Today post Does the Flu Trick People into Being Sociable? was translated and featured in the Turkish media source Popular Science (Türkiye).
- My Psychology Today post Guidance on the Graduate School Application Process was translated and featured in the Korean media source Psychology World.
- My Psychology Today post 10 Cool Psychological Research Findings was featured in an article in the Slovakian news source info.sk
- My work on Neanderthal personality features was summarized in Spanish in an article in Mexico‘s La Cronica de Chihuahua
- My work on the evolutionary psychology of personal grooming (with H0lly Nelson) was summarized in an article in the Malaysian news source, Dunai Harian
- My Psychology Today post Individual Differences was summarized in Dubai’s Khaleej Times
- My Psychology Today post Why Go to College? was translated into Vietnamese for the media source YBOX.vn
- A section of my textbook, Evolutionary Psychology 101, was summarized in a post in the Albanian site, Rinstinkt Blog.
- My Psychology Today post Explaining the 5 Most Common New Year’s Resolutions was quoted and summarized in French for santemagazine.fr
- This French version of the article was republished in another French publication, Franceactu
- My Psychology Today post, The Mental Health Crisis is Upon the Internet Generation, was summarized and quoted in Portuguese in the Brazilian news source Ovalordofeminino here.
- My Psychology Today post Top 10 Cool Psychological Research Findings was summarized and quoted in Vietnamese for tamlyhochanhvi.com
- My research on the Neanderthal personality was covered in the UK’s Guardian in an article by Ben Ambridge titled How Neanderthal are You? And Can You Blame Your DNA?
- My Psychology Today post 10 Psychological Concepts that People Don’t Get served as the basis for the article 8 dolog, amit nem szoktak érteni az emberek a pszichológiával kapcsolatbanby by Szalay ágnes in the Hungarian media outlet Dívány.
- Quoted in Russian source Sedmitza.RU, the Russian Orthodox Encyclopedia, in article titled (English translation): The Former Chairman of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland Called for the Renewal of the Cycle of Worship
- Summary of our work on mating intelligence found in Italy’s Corriere (in article by Beppe Severgnini); article title: Dal sesso all’ufficio, l’umorismo vince – Fatico a credere che si possa sopravvivere senza ironia e una risata ogni tanto
- Summary of our research on childhood injuries in Russia’s Vesti. Russian title is: Как детский травматизм влияет на сексуальное поведение
- Menschen mit ausgeprägtem Neandertaler-Gen sind eher depressiv (German). Summary of my research on the Neanderthal personality. ZEIT online.
- My Psychology Today post, Worshiping the Sun God, was translated into German and republished in Jetosoft.
- My Psychology Today post, The Mental Health Crisis is Upon the Internet Generation, was translated into Portuguese and republished in the Brazilian newspaper Folha de S. Paulo here.
- My Psychology Today post, The Mental Health Crisis is Upon the Internet Generation, was featured in the article Smartphone Technology Causing Mental Health Crisis by Brandon Showalter in The Christian Post
- My Psychology Today post, The Urbanization / Mental Health Connection, was translated into German for the publication Jetosoft in article titled Die Urbanisierung / Mental Health Anschluss
- My Psychology Today post, Donald Trump as High in the Dark Triad, was republished in the Japanese outlet, Kishima.org
- My work on marathon running is covered in the article I Maratoneti by Laura Traldi in the Italian newspaper, La Repubblica
- My Psychology Today article, Get Back to Your High School Weight in Three Easy Months!, was translated into Russian and published in the Russian magazine Psychologies.
- Quoted in the Sydney Morning Herald (Australia) article, Help, Instagram is Making Me Obsessed with Celebrities, by Elizabeth Dey.
- My Psychology Today post, The Evolutionary Psychology of Divorce, was translated into Czechoslovakian and published in the Czech media outlet, PsychoLogOn.
- My Psychology Today post, Why Love Exists, was reposted by the Ugandan news source, Uganda Today.
- Featured (with Harbert Okuti) in interview for BBC World Radio Services (UK) show Sportshour in bit titled Can You Tell if You Can Run a Marathon Based Purely on Your Personality? Starting at about minute mark 33:00 – runs for just over 6 minutes. SOUNDCLOUD file here.
- Cited in article in The Telegraph (UK) titled Celebrity Instagram Crushes: Healthy Interest or Borderline Obesession?
- My Psychology Today post titled “Creepy Clowns and the Science of Deindividuation” was summarized in “Deindividuation, Salah Satu Penyebab Seseorang Bertindak Buruk” for the Indonesian magazine Psikologi Mania.
- My Psychology Today post titled “The Common Descent Doctrine” was translated into Persian and republished for the Iranian media source Faradeed.
- My work on mating intelligence is covered in an article titled La ciencia revela la verdad: ¿Qué nos hace menos atractivas? in the Colombian online magazine, Fuscsia.co.
- My Psychology Today Post titled “The Urbanization-Mental Health Connection” is mentioned and described in New Zealand Herald article titled “Hey Young People – Do Carry on Moaning.” Note that the Herald is the single-highest-circulation newspaper in the nation of New Zealand. (this article was reposted for myinforms.com here.)
- My research on Neanderthal Psychology was featured in the article Why Did the Neanderthals Go Extinct? by Javier Yanes for Open Mind. This is a Spanish new source.
- My dissertation work was mentioned in Britishbindi.com article titled Does having a bad relationship with your father affect your relationships?
- My Psychology Today post, Kids’ Sports as a Window into Human Nature, was summarized for the Faroe Islands media source Dimmalaeting in an article titled Barnaítróttur kann fáa tað versta fram í okkum written by .
- My Psychology Today post, That’s Not Really True about Evolutionary Psychology, was translated into Turkish as an article for the media outlet Evrimsel Antropoloji
- My Psychology Today post, That’s not really true about evolutionary psychology, was posted on Facebook by the Kurdistan Psychological Association.
- My dissertation research (from 1997!) is featured in the Hungarian media outlet Cukimamik – article is titled Lehet, hogy az apám a párom? – Itt egy megoldókulcs a párkapcsolati problémákhozand and was written by Petho Orsolya.
- My Psychology Today post, The Evolution Paradox in Higher Education, was translated into Portuguese for NetNature.
- My Psychology Today post, Mothers are Altruists Sine Qua non, is featured in an article in the Spanish site, Hablemos de Talento; article titled: Talento Maternal; por que las madres son altruistas de forma innata (by Juan Carlos Cubeiro).
- My work is covered in Spain’s Diario Siglo XXII – article titled “Genes, Cultura, y Felicidad” by Jose Rivero
- Quoted in Dubai‘s yallajoy.com in article titled Be Awestruck, Be Happy.
- My Psychology Today blog titled 5 Psychological Lessons from Marathon Running was featured in an article in Denmark‘s motionslob.dk
- Guest on Science for the People radio show and podcast – panel discussion on evolutionary psychology. Science for the People, produced in Canada, is broadcast on more than 30 radio stations as well as a number of websites stationed across North America.
- My Psychology Today blog titled Instagram and the Development of Social Skills was translated into Italian for Italy’s OPSOnline.it
- My Psychology Today post, 10 Thinks Your Psychology Professors Want You to Know, was translated into Vietnamese for online magazine Criminal Psychology (or Tam Ly Hoc Toi Pham)
La Tercera Cultura 3.0 article, titled “¿Seguro que votaste racionalmente el 20D?” features my work on the evolutionary psychology of politics. (Spanish)
- Article that cites my Psychology Today blog on fears was translated into French for Aider Son Prochain –
- My Psychology Today blog titled Evolutionary Psychology 2.0 was translated (by Eduardo Zugasti) into Spanish for La Tercera Cultura.
- Cited in Swiss French publication Le Temps article titled Vive avec la canicule: Que faire pour aider le corps à s’adapter à la chaleur? by Olivier Dessibourg and Fabien Goubet.
- My Psychology Today Blog, 5 Reasons that Life is Hard, was republished at pinsoul.com here. CHINESE TRANSLATION
- Mating Intelligence Unleashed cited in article on relationships in Spanish Yahoo News article titled “¿Sabes qué es la sapiosexualidad? Conquistadas por su inteligencia“
- Interviewed on AM 770’s Calgary Today on topic of apologetic behavior
- Quoted in New Zealand edition of Men’s Health in article 5 Dating Mistakes You’re Making – And Ways To Fix Them; Also published in Turkish version of (Turkish version) Men’s Health.
- Quoted in Singapore Edition of Men’s Health in articled titled “Rev up your sex life“
- Mating Intelligence Unleashed is featured in Spain‘s newspaper, ABC.es. Article is titled “La Razones Scientificas que Determinan quien es Atractivo y como se Puede Llegar a Serlo“
- Quoted in New Zealand Edition of Cosmopolitan Magazine in article titled “Signs He Secretly Craves You“
- Mating Intelligence Unleashed is featured in Helsinki (Swedish) media outlet, Helsingin Sanomat – article titled: Oletko hyvin vai huonosti intohimoinen?
- Mating Intelligence Unleashed is featured in Spanish article in El Confidencial – Cómo ser sexy: seis cosas que pueden hacerte irresistible
Quoted in New Zealand edition of Men’s Health in article 5 Dating Mistakes You’re Making – And Ways To Fix Them; Also published in Turkish version of Men’s Health.
My Psychology Today Blog – The History of I’m Sorry – is summarized in the Chilean (Spanish) news outlet, biobiochile.cl in articled titled El origen del perdón: ¿Por qué ofrecemos y aceptamos disculpas? by Marcial Parraguez
- My Psychology Today Blog – The History of I’m Sorry – is summarized in the Argentinean (Spanish) news outlet, Sel Sol in articled titled El origen del perdón: ¿Por qué ofrecemos y aceptamos disculpas? modification of article by Marcial Parraguez for biobiochile.cl
Cited in Ghana Web Online (news source for nation of Ghana) – repost of Redbook/MSN article: Love Resolutions to Make for 2014
- Featured in Why We Run – documentary filmed for Al Jazeera on the nature of long-distance running; mentioned on Al Jazeera’s blog for the film here.
- YOUTUBE link to film is here.
- To View WHY WE RUN in its entirety on high-quality VIMEO, follow this link:
I’m found at the following minute marks: 0:56; 14:38; 24:10; 24:33; 31:10
- MIU covered in Spain‘s El Confidencial (article by Hector Barnes): Las ocho cualidades que te hacen irresistible a los ojos de las mujeres.
- differences in brain structures
- Article on mating intelligence in German by Jochen Metzger in Psychologie Heute (German counterpart to Psychology Today)
- Interviewed for article in Nashua NH’s Telegraph (in article by Jake Berry) with thoughts on the evolutionary psychology of marathon running and Boston.
- ating Intelligence Unleashed in The New Scientist (UK)by Kate Douglas
- Quoted in Flare Magazine article by Wing Tang – article is all about Mating Intelligence (titled “Sex on the Brain”) – Canadian News Source
- Cited in Julie Stewart’s article in Men’s Health – republished in Australia‘s version of Yahoo Lifestyles section (2013).