Many of the events that I have been part of over the years have been preserved in digital video format. The EvoS Seminar Series is perhaps the primary class of event that is included in this category, with more than 80 high-quality free-and-streaming videos related to evolution. Note that the below videos are mostly of my work at SUNY New Paltz. Other videos of interest, such as my inclusion in various media interviews, are found on the media page of my site.
Statistics with Glenn (Lectures based on nearly all the chapters of my and Sara Hall’s textbook: Straightforward Statistics)
Other videos of interest include the following:
- Geher, G. (December, 2019). The evolving mind and how it works. HawkTalk at SUNY New Paltz.
- Geher, G. (August, 2019). Own Your Psychology Major! Invited address on new book for the annual convention of the American Psychological Association. Chicago.
- Featured in this short documentary Pocket Persona on the topic of the pitfalls of modern social media and cellphone technologies (produced by SUNY New Paltz Digital Media Production students)
- Invited presentation (with Catherine Salmon and Michael Bailey) at meeting of the Heterodox Psychology Workshop, Orange, CA. Topic: Sexuality.
- Invited presentation (with Catherine Salmon and John Tooby) at meeting of the Heterodox Psychology Workshop, Orange, CA Topic: Evolutionary Psychology.
- 2018: Interviewed on the Russian high school shooting rampage for Russia Today (International)
- 2018: Why Evolution Matters (Prelude to the Ancestor’s Trail)
- 2018: The Advent of Positive Evolutionary Psychology. Talk in SUNY New Paltz’s Evolutionary Studies (EvoS) Seminar Series. New Paltz, NY.
- 2018: Glenn’s 2-minute interview on the formation of the NorthEastern Evolutionary Psychology Society for the Native Society (as part of his interview as a “thought leader”)
- 2018: Glenn’s 8-minute HawkTalk on the Evolutionary Psychology Underlying Mathematical Abilities
- 2017: Glenn’s 8-minute HawkTalk on Evolutionary Psychology and Evolutionary Mismatch
- 2017: Glenn Geher’s talk on Evolutionary Mismatch (titled Welcome to the Monkey House) given at New Paltz’s 12 annual Darwin Day event.
- 2016: free-and-streaming video of E.P.I.C. Evolutionary Psychology Independent Conference at New Paltz – 11/7/16
- 2016: Jonathan Haidt’s talk on Free Speech Issues at New Paltz
- 2016: Glenn featured in Daisy, a documentary created by LukasArtFilms on the topic of the “creepy clown phenomenon.”
- 2015: free-and-streaming video of E.P.I.C. Evolutionary Psychology Independent Conference at New Paltz – 11/30/15
- 2014: Glenn is featured in Why We Run – documentary filmed for Al Jazeera on the nature of long-distance running; YOUTUBE link to film is here.