May 2011 – Present State University of New York at New Paltz
Associate Dean—School of Fine and Performing Arts
- Student Services
- Review independent study, fieldwork, excess credit, course withdrawal, waivers; act on other administrative requests/actions
- Review and resolve student problems, including grade appeals, academic integrity
- Schedule, Curriculum, and Enrollment
- Clarify policies and goals for course scheduling, maintain ongoing communication with chairs and directors around preparing and submitting F&PA course schedules
- Review and approve all F&PA course schedules; submit to registrar by published deadlines
- Review enrollments and, consultation with chairs and directors, develop solutions for under-enrolled and over-enrolled courses
- Prepare semester Faculty Utilization Report, detailing loads and assignments
- Curriculum and Assessment
- Assist with the development of new courses and programs, especially cross-disciplinary initiatives
- Review all curriculum proposals for new programs and courses, and program and course revisions
- Review all catalogue changes and revisions
- Coordinate F&PA GE course assessment, program assessment within departments and programs, and accreditation reviews
- General Administration
- Assist in the maintenance and updating of F&PA website
- Assist dean with projects, programs, and other administrative duties as assigned
- Related Administrative Activities
- Liberal Education/General Education Revision
- Devise strategy for implementation of General Education revision; attend AAC&U General Education conference as member of five person team with Provost
- Member of Ad hoc Liberal Education Committee; developed first-year seminar course; research and recommend capstone course revision; facilitate faculty forums
- Electronic Portfolio/Faculty Reporting
- Research e-portfolio options for students & faculty; appoint and convene committee to develop e-portfolio tools; research electronic annual report software for Provost
May 2010 – May 2011 State University of New York at New Paltz
Associate Chair, Department of Theatre Arts
- Assessment. Lead assessment activities for courses in Major, concentrations, General Education courses. Report to Dean and Associate Provost.
- Curriculum. Lead review of course rotation, faculty assignments. Serve on Curriculum committee. Report to chair and Dean.
- Personnel. Chair subcommittee on Reappointment, Tenure and Promotion. Chair Theatre Movement Specialist search.
- Finance. Assist chair on general and production budgets.