SUNY New Paltz
- Liberal Education Committee–Co-Chair*
- Advising Task Force (appointed by Provost)*
- Strategic Planning Presidential Ad Hoc Committee (appointed by President)*
- Organization Committee (College Central Committee)–Co-Chair
- AAC&U Integrative Learning Team (five members, with Assoc. Provost)
- AAC&U General Education Boot Camp Team (five members, with Provost)
- Ad hoc Committee on Liberal Education
- Survey Coordinating Council
- Banner User Group
- Associate Deans Committee
- Executive Committee
- Evolutionary Studies Advisory Board
- Central Committee on Promotion and Discretionary Salary Increases
- Academic Senate
- Middle States Accreditation—Working Group 2
- Environmental Studies Advisory Board
- Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activity Advisory Board
SUNY Stony Brook
- Undergraduate College Advisory Committee. 2002-2003
- Middle States Accreditation Subcommittee on the First Year Experience. 2002-2003
- Director of Advising Search Committee. 2002
- Provost’s Task Force on Undergraduate Administration. 2001
- Senate Committee on Undergraduate Admissions. 2000-2002
- Senate Committee on Undergraduate Curriculum. 1999-2000
- Staller Center for the Arts Production Committee. 1999-2001
- Affirmative Action Committee (chair)
- Women’s Studies Program Committee
- Curriculum and Regulations Subcommittee on Regulations
- Task Force on Retention
SUNY New Paltz
- Fine and Performing Arts Council—Chair
- Dean Search Committee
- Curriculum and Regulations Committee
- Music Theatre Task Force
- Junior Faculty Committee (chair)
SUNY New Paltz
- Head of Performance Concentration
- Reappointment, Tenure, Promotion (Chair)
- Season Evaluation Committee
- Blackbox Production Committee (2004-2006)
- Assistant Professor of Performance–Theatrical Movement Specialist (chair)
- Lecturer in Musical Theatre Search Committee
- Assistant Professor of Performance Search Committee (chair)
SUNY Stony Brook
- Tenure and Promotions Guidelines Committee
- Director of Graduate Studies Search Committee
- Theatre Historian Search Committee
- Director Search Committee
- Iben Lectureship
- Play Selection Committee
- Guest Lecturer. “Actors on Acting.”THR 235 Introduction to Theatre
- Guest Lecturer. “The Origins of Acting.” THR 251 Theatre One.
- Guest Lecturer. “Challenges for the Director.” THE 415–Directing. 2 November 2009
- Guest Lecturer. “Measure for Measure.” THE 235. Introduction to Theatre. SUNY New Paltz. October 2008.
- Guest Lecturer. “The Acting Process.” THE 235. Introduction to Theatre. SUNY New Paltz. November 2006.
- Guest Lecturer/Performer. Inherit the Wind. PSY 80498. Seminar in Psychology. SUNY New Paltz. October 2005.
- Guest Lecturer. A Flea in Her Ear. THE 235. Introduction to Theatre. SUNY New Paltz. February 2005.
- Guest Lecturer. “The Acting Process.” THE 235. Introduction to Theatre. SUNY New Paltz. October 2004.
- Guest speaker. Career Center. “Action Interviews.” SUNY Stony Brook. October 2001.
- Guest lecturer. “Public Performing.” MEC 200. SUNY Stony Brook. 12 February 2001.
- Guest lecturer. “Managing Stage Fright.” CSE 300. SUNY Stony Brook. 17 and 21 November 2000.
- Guest speaker. “Theatre Studies at Stony Brook.” USB 101. SUNY Stony Brook. 17 October 2000.
- Guest speaker. “The Teacher as Performer.” Department of Math. SUNY Stony Brook. 9 February 2000.
- Invited Chorister. Stony Brook Chorale. Winter Concert. Westhampton Church. December 1999.
- Soloist-Stony Brook Chorale. Winter Concert. December 1998.
- Narrator/Guest Vocalist. Department of Music: “An Evening of Big Band Music.” Bradley University. 1997
- Guest Vocalist. Dept. of Music: Music Scholarship Series, “An Afternoon of Opera and Musical Theatre.” Bradley University. 1994, 1996, 1998
- Collaborator . Movement for Actors and Physical Therapy. Bradley University. 1995, 1997
- Guest Lecturer . Women’s Studies class: Feminist Theatre. Bradley University. 1995, 1997
- Guest Lecturer . ENG 115: King Lear and the Shakespearean Stage, Jim Sullivan, Department of English. Bradley University. 1995
- Co-teacher. THE 203: Movement for Actors and ART 315: Sculpting. Bradley University. 1995
- Guest Performance – Richard III for ENG 349, Dr. Juliette Cunico, Department of English. 1994
- Co-founder. Citizen’s Alliance to Reform Education. Highland, NY. April 2009-present.
- Guest Performer- Unitarian/Universality Fellowship of Huntington. Huntington, NY. 20 June 2003
- Guest Speaker-Unitarian/Universalist Church. Stony Brook, NY. March 1999.
- Religious Education Instructor-Unitarian/Universalist Church. Peoria, IL. Fall 1997
- Guest Vocalist-The Peoria Municipal Band. 23, 27 August 1997
- Local Organizer – ArtNow Advocacy. 1996-1997
- Guest Speaker-Unitarian/Universalist Church. Peoria, IL. 2 February 1997
- Advisory Board Member-One World Theatre Company. Peoria, IL. 1995-1997
- Board of Directors – Peoria Hebrew Day School. Peoria, IL. 1994-1996
- Treasurer-Chittenden House, Inc. New York, NY. 1989-1991
- Treasurer-The Florida Project. New York, NY. 1988-1990
middle states commission on higher education
- Pennsylvania College of Art and Design. Site Visit team member. 7-10 April 2013.
academic program review
- East Stroudsburg University. March 2011
- Program Review—Department of Theatre. Dutchess County Community College. 2009
- Hunter College. Site visit. Lead author of narrative. April 2006.
- Project: “Tacit Knowing in Acting.” FWF Der Wissenschaftsfonds (Austrian Science Fund (FWF). Government of Austria. October 2005
Actors’ Equity Association
- Deputy. Showboat. Gateway Playhouse. Bellport, NY. June-July 1999.
- Member. Pension and Health Committee. New York, NY. 1988-1990
- Deputy. Vampire Lesbians of Sodom. Provincetown Playhouse. New York, NY. 1988
Screen Actors’ Guild
The Association for Theatre in Higher Education
- Treasurer. 1997-2000
- Member-at-large – Governing Council. 1997
- Forum Representative – Acting Program Focus Group. 1993-1995
- Conference Planner – Acting Program Focus Group. 1995-1997
- Theatre in Education Rationale Task Force. 1995-1997
- Strategic Planning Committee. 1996-2000
- Conference Futures Task Force. 1997-1998
- Development Task Force. 1997-1998